Grippli stand just over 2 feet tall and have mottled green-and-brown skin. Most gripplis are primitive hunter gatherers, living on large insects and fish found near their treetop homes, and are unconcerned about events outside their swamps. The rare grippli who leaves the safety of the swamp tends to be a ranger or alchemist seeking to trade for metals and gems.
Alignment and Faith
Pathfinder Racial Traits
- Ability Scores: Gripplis are nimble and alert, but spindly. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, and –2 Strength.
- Type: Gripplis are humanoids with the grippli subtype.
- Size: Gripplis are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Speed: Gripplis have a base speed of 30 feet and a climb speed of 20 feet.
- Languages: Gripplis begin play speaking Common and Grippli. Gripplis with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Boggard, Draconic, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Sylvan. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Feat and Skill Traits
- Camouflage: Gripplis receive a +4 racial bonus on Stealth checks in marshes and forested areas.
- Swamp Stride (Ex): A grippli can move through difficult terrain at its normal speed while within a swamp. Magically altered terrain affects a grippli normally.
- Weapon Familiarity: Gripplis are proficient with nets.
- Darkvision: Gripplis can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.