Perhaps the best-known and most elusive of all fey creatures, pixies live in the deepest, most pristine forests, but their insatiable curiosity often leads them far from home. Most pixies stand just over 2 feet tall—though they typically fly about the eye level of creatures they're conversing with in order to maintain eye contact—and weigh about 30 pounds. Pixies talk quickly and easily become overexcited.
Standing barely more than a foot tall, pixies resemble a cross between diminutive elves and flying insects with gossamer wings like those of dragonflies or butterflies, bright as the clear dawn and as luminous as the full moonrise. Their skin, hair, and eyes come in shades of natural colors including the greens of the leaves and grass or the browns and bronzes of the dirt and trees and even spans into the reds and yellows of the autumn.
While the arrival of visitors piques their curiosity, pixies are too shy to reveal themselves at first. They study the visitors from afar to gauge their temperament or play tricks on them to measure their reactions. For example, pixies might tie a dwarf's boot together, create illusions of strange creatures or treasures, or use dancing lights to lead interlopers astray. If the visitors respond with hostility, the pixies give them a wide berth. If the visitors are good natured, the pixies are likely to be emboldened and more friendly.
Alignment and Faith
- Male Names: List
- Female Names: List
- Ability Scores: Pixies are nimble and charming but are physically weak and their excitable nature often leads to impetuous behavior. They gain +2 Dex, +2 Cha, -4 Str, and -2 Wis.
- Type: Pixies are Fey.
- Size: Pixies are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Speed: Pixiess have a base speed of 20 feet and a fly speed of 50 feet with average maneuverability.
- Languages: Pixies begin play speaking Common and Sylvan. Pixies with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Draconic, Dwarve, Elven, and Gnome.
- Spell-like Abilities (Sp): Pixies can use dancing lights and invisibility (self only) once a day as spell-like abilities. These abilities are charisma based and the caster level is equal to the pixie's level.
Senses Racial Traits
- Low-light Vision: Pixies can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.