Human neighbors tell horrific tales of slaughter woven with frightened suspicion when speaking of strix. Strix, however, tell a tale of encroachment and a struggle for land and resources. For ages, humans invaded strix lands fighting bloody battles against the fierce, black-skinned creatures they thought to be winged devils. Over time, strix have developed a hatred for humankind and now fiercely protect their dwindling numbers.
Alignment and Faith
- Male Names: List
- Female Names: List
Pathfinder Racial Traits
- Ability Score: Strix are swift and elusive, but tend to be stubborn and swift to anger. They gain +2 Dexterity, and -2 Charisma.
- Type: Strix are humanoids with the strix subtype.
- Size: Strix are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Base Speed: Strix have a base speed of 30 feet on land. They also have a fly speed of 60 feet (average).
- Languages: Strix begin play speaking Strix. Those with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Auran, Common, Draconic, Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Infernal. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Nocturnal: Strix gain a +2 racial bonus on Perception and Stealth checks in dim light or darkness.
Magical Racial Traits
- Suspicious: Strix receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusion spells and effects.
Offense Racial Traits
- Hatred: Strix receive a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures with the human subtype because of their special training against these hated foes.
Senses Racial Traits
- Darkvision: Strix see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: In addition to their ability to see perfectly in the dark up to 60 ft, Strix have low-light vision, allowing them to see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.