I'm going to start the discussion page here as a good place to talk about the selection of dates in the Timeline.
I'll go first: I think the events of 1111 should be split up, with smithing advances in 1111, the Trueforge in 1250-ish, and artifice magic in 1320-ish. As long as we stay within the 500 year window, we can space and rearrange events however we like. - Mike
- And here's where Jason comes in and agrees and says 'I like that idea.' I like that idea. My question, though, is what's going on with the order of the dates. It looks like it starts at 1 and goes up to 1124, then the next date is 1028. Was that a typo or are they just not all in order? --Spookyhappyfun (talk) 10:14, 12 November 2014 (PST)
- I'm thinking that Mark went through a round and took Matt's actions and spread them out a little, then took Ben's and did the same thing. Once he finishes loading up the dates, it shouldn't be hard to put them in order and then we can tweak them to our heart's content. --Wintermute27 (talk) 10:49, 13 November 2014 (PST)
- Yeah, I'd def like to start breakin up the dates, maybe even stretch things out? Fantasy worlds usually have like, 10,000+ years of history... --Whinehurst (talk) 10:44, 12 November 2014 (PST)
No idea how to use this talk section. Anyway I think there is more info than needs to be on a timeline really. Advancements in tech I don't think should be cataloged here and should have their own pages on world trade and who is best at what; that page should have natural resources of the nations there too. Years will have to be tweaked alot; stretching out years I'm all in favor of it just all needs to make sense. Also I'm not sure every city needs a creation date on the time line, just the major ones.
- Help:Talk_pages you can sign your posts in the talk page with ~~~~
- I was of the opinion that all cities created during the session were the major ones - not all groundbreaking like Arasael, but still significant. Also, do we have a "World Trade" page? or will that be tied into cities? --Whinehurst (talk) 12:58, 13 November 2014 (PST)
- I think that, while all the ones we created were the major ones and definitely worth of their own pages, they don't all need to be listed in the world history page. For some of the more minor of the major cities (don't ask me how that works) we can leave them off the history page and just include their creation date or founding date in their individual wiki page. For now, I say we leave them all on there until we get the history all cleaned up and create individual city pages, then we can delete to clean up once we know the information won't be lost. Make sense? --Spookyhappyfun (talk) 13:04, 13 November 2014 (PST)